10 Ways Green Councillors Make a Difference
Your Scottish Green councillors have delivered for Glasgow and our local communities.
- Led urgent action on the climate crisis - securing Glasgow’s 2030 net zero target, a £10m Climate Action Fund, and divestment from fossil fuels.
- Ensured the reopening of Glasgow’s libraries, museums and local venues after vital community-led campaigns.
- Won funding for local communities, including millions for new play parks, back lane improvements, tenement repairs, 20mph speed limits, local green spaces and food growing.
- Declared a rent crisis and put tenants in charge of leading housing reforms.
- Secured funding for a free public transport pilot and ensured that all Spaces for People cycle routes will be made permanent.
- Delivered a 10% increase to foster and kinship carers’ allowances, which had been frozen for a decade.
- Reversed cuts to Citizens’ Advice centres and women’s aid organisations and won £5 million for anti-poverty work, targeted at the families who need it most.
- Worked to make streets safer for children with permanent car-free schools and support for schools “bike buses”.
- Stood up for migrant justice - opposing evictions, preventing deportations and fighting for decent housing.
- Increased recycling investment for flats and tenements and moved bulk uplift charging to a fairer per-item system.