Creating communities for everyone
Green Councillors want to build safe, green and attractive communities and neighbourhoods where we live. Green Councillors will help to connect people with a thriving local economy, and strengthen neighbourhoods with good services and celebrations of local identity.
Since 2017, your Scottish Green councillors have:
- Declared a rent crisis, delivered action on empty homes, and set up a Tenant-led Commission to lead private rent reforms
- Guaranteed the funding to reopen libraries, museums and community buildings, and to restore the People's Palace and Winter Gardens.
- Reversed cuts to citizens’ advice services and women's aid groups
- Won funding for children's play and new food growing in every ward, and created a new fund to help clean up and improve back lanes
- Opposed car-centric developments and moved Glasgow closer to becoming the first city in the UK to ban drive thrus