Getting Glasgow moving
Moving around Glasgow doesn’t need to be an unhealthy, frustrating, disjointed and dangerous experience. Greens will work for a transport plan that makes it “miles better” for people and all forms of transport:
- Safe cycling and walking routes, separate from motor traffic; 10% of transport budget to be spent on walking and cycling.
- 20mph speed limit throughout residential areas.
- Integrated and improved public transport with an easy to use Glasgow “Oyster card”.
- Campaign for implementation of Crossrail to reconnect Glasgow’s rail network.
- Introduce low emission zones, with a traffic-free city centre as a long-term aim
- Roll out of electric vehicle charging points and push adoption of electric vehicles in council fleet, buses and in taxis.
- Expand the Glasgow Car Club to cover the whole of Glasgow.
- Spend money on maintaining existing roads and pavements, not building new roads.